This page was last updated: June 14th, 2021
Royal Cornwall Hospital
- Patients and visitors with a blue badge will be able to obtain a ‘one time reduction’ pass from the General Office during opening hours (9am to 4.15pm, Monday to Friday). Outside of these hours the blue badge can be presented to the Q-Park lodge in the main visitor car park to obtain a free exit ticket.
- People who frequently attend outpatient appointments (at least 3 times a month for at least 3 months) will be able to obtain a ‘one time reduction’ pass, in the same way as described above, at each visit, following confirmation by the clinic/department being visited. This is in addition to the free parking currently offered by the patient departmental permit scheme.
- Parents or guardians of sick children who are staying overnight will be able to obtain a ‘one time reduction’ pass following confirmation by the ward. Free parking will apply between 7.30pm and 8am and can be for a maximum of two vehicles. Again, the pass can be obtained from the General Office (or Q-Park lodge out of opening hours) and is in addition to the patient departmental permit scheme.
Where confirmation is needed for a ‘one time reduction’ pass, a member of the ward or department team will need to call the General Office or Q-Park lodge to give verbal authorisation in advance of the patient or visitor making the request.
St Michaels and West Cornwall
- Blue badge holders need only display a valid blue badge.
- People who frequently attend outpatient appointments (at least 3 times a month for at least 3 months) will still need to obtain a Pay & Display ticket. This cost can then be recovered from the General Office if ‘frequent attender’ criteria is satisfied.
Concessionary tickets continue to be available for long-term patients and visitors:
- 5-day tickets: £18.90
- 7-day tickets: £26.92
- Monthly tickets: £43.13
If you need to buy a concessionary long-term ticket, you’ll need to ask the ward or department you are visiting for an application form.