Specialty Training at the Royal Cornwall Hospital is coordinated and administered by Dr Chris Williams.
CT1 & 2 level posts
CT1 & 2 level posts are available with the following rotational placements:
- ACCS – Anaesthesia, Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Respiratory Medicine & Medical Admissions
- Anaesthesia – Anaesthesia & Critical Care Medicine
- Medicine – Critical Care Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Eldercare, MAU, Gastroenterology, Medicine, Renal, Haematology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Respiratory and General Medicine at West Cornwall Hospital (WCH)
- Surgery – Critical Care Medicine, ENT, T&O, General Vascular, Urology and Emergency Medicine.
- ST GP VTS – Emergency Medicine, Eldercare, Rheumatology, O&G, Psychiatry, Cardiology, Paediatrics, General Medicine (WCH), Oncology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Medical Admissions, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Dermatology, Gastroenterology and General Practice.
- ST1 & 2 posts are also offered in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics & Ophthalmology.
Higher Specialty Training Posts
Higher specialty training posts are offered in the following specialties through the Peninsula Deanery.
- General Surgery
- Critical Care
- GU Medicine
- Renal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- Care of the Elderly
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Trauma & Orthopaedics
For further details visit the Peninsula Postgraduate Medical Education website.
Supervision & Training
You will have an allocated Clinical Supervisor for each placement and an Educational Supervisor allocated by your Specialty Tutor. The majority of your training will be provided by in-house specialty teaching sessions.