This page was last updated: December 6th, 2021
The Strategic Estates team leads the Building Brilliance Programme. This programme of work covers all the major construction projects, and associated hospital reconfiguration, to be delivered across the Trust over the next ten years.
These projects will support the transformation of healthcare in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly by:
- Improving the patient experience with new, high-quality environments for the delivery of care.
- Improving clinical outcomes with modern, fit-for-purpose theatres, wards, diagnostic facilities, day case units and support accommodation.
- Developing a modern, sustainable estate to deliver Cornwall’s Carbon Net Zero commitment
- Addressing health inequalities by improving access to care and providing safe, welcoming and comforting buildings for patients, visitors and staff.
- Attracting and retaining talented and dedicated staff with the provision of state of the artwork spaces
- Delivering a modern digital infrastructure to sustain a wide range of clinical and non-clinical technologies to boost efficiency and innovation in the Cornish health system
- Aligning with local partners across all sectors to support local economic, sustainability and regeneration initiatives.
This programme is funded through the Government’s New Hospitals Programme and the STP Wave 4 Funding stream.