This page was last updated: December 2nd, 2021
Strategic Estates is part of the Trust’s Strategy and Performance team. We’re responsible for delivering the new project builds and related hospital reconfiguration across the Trust over the next 10 years. Our office is located upstairs in the White Bungalow at the back of the Royal Cornwall Hospital, opposite the Sunrise Centre.
Led by Roberta Fuller, Head of Hospital Reconfiguration, the Strategic Estates team includes Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Administrators, Technical support staff, Cost Advisors, a Project Assurance Manager and a Communications and Stakeholder Engagement lead.
The team works closely with colleagues in the Operational Estates and Facilities team, and with a range of specialist advisory functions including Health and Safety, Infection Prevention and Control, Security and the Trust Fire Officer.
Innovation, education and staff development are critical in the management of major construction projects, and the team encourages continuous professional development for all staff from apprentice to Board level. Our current Apprentice has been promoted recently to an Assistant Project Manager role. You can read James’ inspiring story here.
Team members include:
- Alexis Carlyon, Deputy Head of Hospital Reconfiguration
- Ed Callaghan, Senior Project Manager
- Paul Lariat, Project Manager
- Emma Russell, Assistant Project Manager
- James Angliss, Assistant Project Manager
- Gary Hughes, Technical Manager
- Frank Wills, NEC Supervisor
- Jon Salisbury, NEC Supervisor
- Stephen Paines, Major Capital Projects Compliance Manager
- Carolyn Garman, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Lead
- Izzy Julian, Project Administrator
- Kristy de Robeck, Project Administrator
- Darren Wade, Business Administrator
Recruitment continues to the remaining posts within the structure and the team also works productively with a range of strategic partners such as Arcadis and KPMG in the delivery of specialist pieces of work.