The hearing therapy team works closely with the audiology department
to provide support for people with tinnitus, hearing and balance problems.
We help our patients;
- manage their tinnitus, hearing and balance problems,
- adjust to their new hearing aid,
- find other equipment that might help them at home and work such as special phones or TVs,
- with information about how they can communicate more easily, such as lipreading classes,
- and with other hearing devices such as bone anchored hearing aids and cochlear implants.
We hold clinics at a number of hospitals around Cornwall:
- Bodmin Community Hospital
- Penrice Community Hospital (St Austell)
- Royal Cornwall Hospital (Truro)
- St Michael’s Hospital (Hayle)
- West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)
Referrals to Hearing Therapy
Your health or social care professional can refer you to the Hearing Therapy service. You can also refer yourself if you already have an NHS hearing aid. Please contact the main Hearing Therapy office at the Royal Cornwall Hospital on 01872 253744 for details of clinics and to make a referral.