The Royal Cornwall dermatology unit provides routine and emergency assessment, treatment and surgery for patients with skin conditions and diseases.
We are well known for being a friendly, dynamic, forward-thinking department and are committed to delivering excellent care.
The majority of our services are provided at the Dermatology Unit at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Treliske in Truro. The unit is open 7.30am to 7pm on Mondays and Fridays, and 8am to 6pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We also run clinics at Penrice Hospital in St Austell, Camborne Redruth Community Hospital (CRCH) and West Cornwall Hospital.
Our Dermatology services include:
- Paediatric Dermatology Services.
- Management of skin cancer
- Photodynamic therapy to treat superficial sun damage and malignancy
- Vulval/Genital Dermatology Service
- Patch testing to investigate contact allergies
- Starting and monitoring Roaccutane therapy for acne
- Monitoring clinics for patients on Methotrexate and biologics
- Iontophoresis for hand and foot hyperhidrosis
- Dermatology Surgery and MOHS micrographic surgery
- Nurse-led day treatment service and disease management education
If you feel you need a specialist dermatology review, please ask your GP to refer you to the dermatology team.
Directions to the Dermatology Unit
The Dermatology Unit is behind Princess Alexandra Wing at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Treliske, Truro.
When you arrive at Royal Cornwall Hospital follow the signs to the Princess Alexandra Wing. Before you reach the building, turn right onto Penventinnie Lane and the Dermatology Unit is on your left hand side (attached to the Princess Alexandra Wing)
Find out more about coming to the Royal Cornwall Hospital.