There are many ways people get involved with NHS research in Cornwall;
- A healthcare professional may approach you about taking part in a relevant study.
- We may advertise for people with or without a specific condition, usually on posters in GP surgeries and hospitals.
- Search by condition on a national database for clinical trial
- You can also register and choose how you wish to get involved. You could receive our newsletter, hear about local events, share your views on patient documents or work with our research teams on what is best for patients. Register here.
- Any information we collect about you will be confidential.
- All information will be held securely on Royal Cornwall Hospital computer servers and only be accessible by NHS Patient & Public Engagement Representative staff.
- It won’t be shared with external organisations.
Deciding whether to take part in clinical research
- We will review the research set of eligibility criteria that participants must meet, we will give you information about the research and time to consider whether you want to take part.
- You’ll receive an information sheet about the research which will contain the contact details of the research study team so that you can speak to them about any part of the study.
- So that you can decide whether or not to take part, we will make sure you are fully aware of all study procedures and any changes to your standard care or treatment. We will also explain any risks or known potential side effects.
- You do not have to take part and you are free to withdraw at any stage, even after the study has started. Your standard treatment will not be affected if you decide not to take part at any stage.
- For further information and frequently asked questions please visit
We are committed to improving the experience for research participants and often conduct participant experience surveys to gain feedback and help us to improve our services.
Patient Support Groups
If you are involved in a patient support group and would like us to come along and give a presentation about research or be available to give information to attendees please contact Amanda Datson via email on email@example.com.
For further information and frequently asked questions please visit